menu   home About Me My Classroom Guest Post Workshops Guest Post

Wishlist Wednesday





It is time for Wishlist Wednesday because tomorrow is a SITE WIDE TPT SALE!!! Everything in my TpT store will be 20% off plus enter the code HEROES at checkout to get 28% off the total!


I get so pumped up for the sales so that I can stock up for things for my own classroom from the awesome music teachers I follow on tpt as well as grab the clip art, fonts and backgrounds that have been sitting on my wishlist for a while.

I'm linking up with Mrs. Miracle's Music Room for this Wish List Wednesday!



For this post I will give you peak at something from my store that you might want to wishlist or snatch up during the sale as well as some of the things that are on my wishlist to purchase.

1) From my store - with a Love and Logic Training and KMEA coming up this week, I thought it would be a good idea (for myself) to put together a real deal sub tub. I made some recordings of my kid's favorite singing games, included the game directions and created some children's literature mini lessons. I also typed up a nice "emergencies/drills" page and created a daily schedule that was easier to look at at a glance than our master schedule. I should have created all of this a LONG time ago, but I always put off sub plans and end up scrounging around the night before I need a sub, or when I have to call in sick, I usually have just left a CD of action songs, a video (I know...yuck), but it takes SO LONG to write sub plans and it is so frustrating to reinvent the wheel each time then come back and find that the sub didn't know how to run anything or just did their own thing (and not a music thing), or let them have a free for all on the instruments. 

If you want to check out my sub plans, you can see them here:


5 children's literature mini lessons

14 singing game recordings, lyrics, and game directions

Checklists for subs to check if they used a movie or book so it is not repeated the next time(s) you have a sub.

Editable sub binder pages for schedule, procedures, drills, technology, where to find materials, student leaders, singing games kids know well enough to play with subs, or other sub activities you want to add

A place for subs to let you know what each grade accomplished and if there were any really helpful kiddos or any issues.

Links to lots of books and videos that are great to leave for subs. For the books I tried to find ones that are spoken or come with a CD recording. I also included suggested grade levels and concepts that they can be used for, so if you are currently working on "Instruments of the Orchestra" or "Composers", etc. the sub can build on that 

2. On my wishlist for MIOSM is this pennant banner from Jena Hudson. It will go with my "Wild About Music" theme! 
Music in Our Schools Month Pennant Banner

3. This has been on my wishlist for a long time, but now I have a few uses for it in mind, so I think it is time to purchase this instrument clip art set from Dancing Crayon Designs. 

Musical Instruments: Orchestra Instruments Clip Art


What's on your wishlist for the sale?


No comments:

Post a Comment