menu   home About Me My Classroom Guest Post Workshops Guest Post

Rhythm Flashcard Kits

I LOVE to use flashcards with my kids. I bought a set a couple years ago, but it didn't have all the rhythms I need for my songs, so with the help of MusicEd Font, I've started making my own. That way I can also have repeats of patterns if I want to put the flashcards up for the whole song.  I have put my first four sets up for sale on my TPT store:

ta and titi

ta rest

ta-a (half note)

tika-tika (sixteenth notes)


Eventually I will get all our rhythm cards up there and create a rhythm flashcard bundle, but that may be a ways away still.



Here are some of the ways I use rhythm flashcards in my room:

My set includes stick notation without note heads and quarter rest appearing as "Z" as well as a set with note  heads and quarter rest appearing normally. I personally use without note heads.

Here are a few examples from each set:









If you download these, please leave feedback for me and let me know if you come across a pattern that I have missed so that I can update the file!

Lindsay


No comments:

Post a Comment